Sunday, July 15, 2012

I spent some time yesterday and today playing around with Picasa. It is still a work in progress for me. I was able to easily upload my photos. I like the ideas of all my photos being in one place and not on the hard drive of my computer. I always wondered what would happen if I got a new computer or if my computer crashed. I wouldn't want to loose all of my pictures. Now, I don't need to worry about that. I can create simple videos of my pictures. This part is still a work in progress for me.

As for the classroom applications of Piscasa-
1. Students can up load photos and create posters and videos to accompany a unit. My students love to add graphics to their projects and this would be a great site for them to use.
2. I can take pictures of activities and projects my students complete and be able to upload them to this site for all to view.

I am still struggling with the video aspect of this program, but I think it will get easier the more I play with it. As with most Google applications, I can see the use of it in the classroom.



2 comments:

  1. Please continue to work on Picassa. It is all I use to edit photos (I don't even use Photoshop anymore) It has a great function that ID's faces. So once you name a face it always knows who it is so say you were throwing a party for your mom. You type in MOM in Picasa and voila there you have all the pictures that have your mom in it in a search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really like that feature about Picasa, too! You can also make collages, which could be great for classroom projects, and the video feature is not too difficult to use, you just have to play around with it a little..hey isn't that what we learned a lot about in this class?:)

    ReplyDelete